Cannot Switch Carsifi WiFi to Car's On-Board WiFi

2019 Honda Odyssey
Pixel 5a(Android 12):
Carsifi adapater firmware 1.8.0:

I own two Carsifi devices. Both arrived yesterday. I cannot get the Carsifi app to switch to use my car’s on-board WiFi. Everytime I try to switch the WiFi source, it tries for about 20-30 seconds to connect, then fails with the error: “Smth wrong for connect to selected gateway: Exception: Smth wrong during to connection to WiFi: Franny the Vanny; Device connected to null now.” Note: the SSID of my car’s WiFi is “Franny the Vanny.” If I can’t get this to use my car’s on-board WiFi, it’s useless to me.

On top of the above problem, neither Carsifi device will consistently pair via Bluetooth. Both have paired a few times, but most of the time they do not pair. When I click "Refresh Settings " in the Carsifi app, it gives the error message: “Connected device not paired. Please pair to continue.

A strange twist on the Bluetooth problem, is that neither Carsifi device appears in the list of "Previously Connected" bluetooth devices on my phone (Pixel 5a).

Seems you don’t understand how it works. Carsifi creates it’s own Wifi connection that pairs with your phone. You don’t connect it to you cars onboard wifi, if that were the case you wouldn’t even need carsifi.

[quote=“SoonerLater, post:1, topic:255, full:true”]A strange twist on the Bluetooth problem, is that neither Carsifi device appears in the list of "Previously Connected" bluetooth devices on my phone (Pixel 5a).
[/quote]

I’ve noticed that too, but it doesn’t seem to impact the connectivity for the most part.

It seems that you don’t understand how Carsifi works. It gives you three options for WiFi:

(1) a WiFi environment created by the Carsifi device (this is the default)
(2) a WiFi environment created by a hotspot on your phone
(3) the vehicle’s own WiFi (if so equiped).

See attached screenshot from the Carsifi app.

Also… just because my vehicle has onboard WiFi (which it does), doesn’t mean that my headunit has the ability to use that onboard WiFi to provide wireless Android Auto (which it does not). Thus, I do need Carsifi.

HTH